Sunday, March 07, 2010

Leaders are Readers


So many of you have wrote to me asking about what books I read...here are a few in two separate lists. I am the most a.d.h.d. reader that there is in the world. It depends on the mood I am in and what I am hungering for in my life. I have cleaned out my little home study in order to begin a bit of a new season. John Maxwell says "Leaders are readers." Well, that has always been a sticking point in my existence. I think undergrad school did me in with all the nonsense texts I had to purchase. THANKS AMAZON KINDLE (and the iPad to come!)

But, this year I have made a commitment to begin to read, then journal about what I highlight in the book.


I. Books I am currently reading devotionally

1) A Hunger for God by John Piper

2) Forgotten God by Frances Chan

3) The Mortification of Sin by John Owen

4) In the Day Of Thy Power by Arthur Wallis

5) Generosity by Gordon MacDonald

6) Leading With A Limp by Dan Allender (*Reading NOW)

7) Humility by Andrew Murray

8) Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller

9) Angry Conversations With God by Susan Issacs (*honest and so funny)


II. Books I am currently reading (more historical in nature) include:


1) How Rome Fell, Death of a Superpower by Adrian Goldsworthy

2) Tea with Hezbollah by Ted Dekker

3) Inside the Revolution by Joel Rosenberg

4) The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs

No comments: